Being in Helsinki, we suggest you to visit the old city of Turku - one of the most beautiful cities in Finland.
Type of excursion:
Number of people:
Our driver will bring you to the Helsinki train station and help with boarding the train.
On a comfortable high-speed train, you will embark on an exciting journey towards the medieval
city of Turku.
The fortress of Turku Castle has stood at the edge of the river Aura since the 1280’s. During its history it has been a defensive bastion, a majestic court, an administrative centre, a prison, a storehouse and a barracks. Nowadays the castle is a must visit tourist attraction in Finland.
The halls and chambers of the castle have witnessed major turning points and dramatic events in history – from the misfortunes of incarcerated prisoners to royal visitors and the elegance of courtly life. The comprehensive exhibition of Turku Castle presents the castle’s history up to the present day. The elegant rooms of the Bailey are styled with periodic furniture, costumes and treasures of the museum’s collection.
In the Children’s Castle Knight’s Hall kids can dress as a princess or a knight and step into the world of a medieval court. In addition the Children’s Castle includes the Castle Workshop, the Mini-court and the Castle-Elf’s treasure chamber. After a sightseeing tour you will have free time for shopping.
After four hours of staying in Turku, you will go by train to Helsinki, where you will be waited for a return transfer to the hotel.
• 11:00 transfer to the Helsinki railway station
• 11:37 departure to Turku by train
• 13:30 arrival to the Turku railway station
• 14:00 – 15:00 excursion to the Turku castle
• 15:00 – 17:30 free time
• 17:30 departure to Helsinki by train
• 19:26 arrival to Helsinki railway station
• 19:30 transfer to the hotel
• railway tickets Helsinki-Turku-Helsinki
• entrance tickets to medieval castle
• group excursion to medieval castle
• round trip hotel transfers in Helsinki